What steps should I follow to start a new Social Security advocacy business?
- Get your EDPNA designation or get in a training program to prepare for the exam via CPSHR and NADR
- Create your unique business name
- Get a custom logo designed
- Business phone number (zoom or ringcentral) avoid using your personal cellphone number.
- Look for office space or work from home
- Buy a custom domain name and web page with
- Setup domain emails or create google email addresses for the business
- Business cards
- Register your website on Google and other search engines
- Add your business to Google maps (optional)
- Network with local doctors, clinics, attorneys, social workers, etc. and get them to start referring clients to you
- Get your new clients into a CRM like Dibcase so you get started on the right track from the beginning
- Join nadr.org which is a network of advocates helping advocates. You can learn and ask questions on their forums.
If you need help setting up your business, you can book a consultation with one of our helpful business consultants by emailing us at [email protected] or calling (904) 515-6243.